Saturday, March 24, 2012

Team Race Districts: Hosting and Feeding


Dear Sailing Parents:

My name is Jo Kaas; my sailor is Ben Kaas.  I am in the early stages of planning for the Team Race Districts Regatta we will be hosting on April 28 and 29 at the Lakewood Facility.  We are anticipating approximately 200 entrants for the event.  Or, as I like to think of it, 200 enormous mouths connected to 200 bottomless stomachs encased in human bodies each boasting the metabolism of a hummingbird.  Because this is a two day event, we will be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner . . .  times two.  If you are in a position to volunteer time or materials or if you know a local business willing to sponsor or donate please respond to this e-mail.

I have attached the beginnings of a menu for the weekend. The goal is to provide hot and high protein food and to keep it coming!  I am also trying to plan for pre-cooking when possible (i.e. macaroni and cheese as a casserole) to both simplify serving and to give our grilling team a break during the day. This list is just the first draft.  If you have suggestions, resources, ideas--all are welcome.

One option I would like to move on with your input is the Baker's Breakfast Cookie.  I can purchase 14 boxes of 16 three oz. cookies (224 count) for approximately $170.00 online. If one of you is a Costco member and willing to push the Big Cart for team and country, the website states that this offer is also available in Costco outlets.  This would save shipping costs.   I am not sure how long this offer will last, so time is of the essence.  The grab-and-go option is a good one for the first morning, as sailors arrive at staggered times.

This should get us started.  I thank you for your time and support.
Jo Kaas
734-7353
gkaas@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment